Tuesday, July 20, 2010

anxiety episode

ugh lately I have been having episodes of anxiety. I hate that tightening of my chest and shortness of breath. I don't know why. It seems to hit me once to twice a day out of no where. I'm sitting here at work discussing a rib competition that my department is competing in so no really worries and all of sudden there it is the chest tightening. I felt it at the grocery store last night too.

It's been awhile since I have had an anxiety or panic attack. I am so thankful that I am capable to deal with them without being on medication or letting them consume me. I am grateful for that because I know so many people who let this terrible thing take over their lives.

I felt awful when I was on medication for them because I got them so frequent. I had a real cool doctor that wasn't all about me being on them for life. He just wanted to take them to get balance and slowly ween myself off and that seemed to do the trick because then I didn't have signs of an attack for like three years. So now I only have them a couple of times a year but it's pretty frequent now.

I guess the best advice I can give myself is just to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment