Tuesday, February 1, 2011

thoughts on dating

Things between J. (my bf) and I are doing pretty good. I think this relationship is a learning experience for both of us and I just can't ask for a better man to learn this with. Don't get me wrong he has his faults. But I know this is true love when I love him for his faults. I am so looking forward to this year with him. I wish I could put into words how I feel about him. I fall more and more in love with him every day. For once in my life there is no guessing, no questioning, no wondering. I know where he stands and how he feels about me. There are no games. It's so relieving. I kissed plenty of frogs to find this prince.

With talking to a friend about another friend (was a friend, more of acquaintance now). I have this friend well she is kind of frumpy and wants this good looking man but she doesn't want to put any effort into it. She doesn't do her hair, makeup or dresses for her body type. She is a plus size girl, she has a daughter but she has this huge list of what she wants. I don't believe in settling but seriously you need to uncheck some of your boxes when looking for someone. Also, she doesn't want to put herself out there. She expects a man to magically appear or for her friends to find her a man. No man is going to want her if she doesn't put any effort into they way she looks and she is super judgemental. She has turned religious. Isn't it funny how people turn religious and they forget who they were. Or forget do you remember I knew you when you were younger and were doing some of the stuff that you did. But I don't judge you. But you judge some of the stuff I do or others do. I don't get it.

What made me bring that up is she heard about J. and I, and she was not happy for me. She couldn't understand how come I found someone and she didn't or hasn't.

It's a lot of working dating. I was putting myself on dating websites and unchecked some boxes. By unchecking some of those boxes I discovered that I liked a certain kind of man that I didn't before. It's not easy. You have to deal with meeting duds, rejections, games guys play, drama and the time that takes to put into it. Hell I was taking a break from dating and poof here he was.

Anyways just some thoughts on dating and my lover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment